It’s a peanut butter and chocolate dream that takes just five minutes to make.
I’ll be honest with you. This is one of my all-time favourite desserts. I mean, is there a better combination than chocolate and peanut butter?! Not to mention, it’s so easy to make (literally takes 5 minutes, plus cooking time) and uses only a few simple ingredients. Life’s all about balance – and this is the perfect excuse to treat yourself, without the added nasties.
- 4 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk of choice (almond, coconut, dairy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Coconut oil, melted, to grease moulds
- Preheat oven to 160°.
- Place all ingredients, except for coconut oil, in a bowl and use a fork or whisk to combine until there are no clumps and mixture is light and bubbly.
- Use the coconut oil to lightly grease two, small ovenproof bowls. Spoon mixture equally into each bowl.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of peanut butter into the middle of each bowl.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve immediately, with fresh berries and a little extra peanut butter.
- When you’re mixing together the ingredients, try and whisk it for at least 5 minutes to incorporate the most air – this way your fondant will be light and fluffy!